Maximum pharmacologic activity of corticosteroids appears not at the peak plasma concentration, and after him, therefore, the effect of equipoise dosage is primarily due to their . effect on enzyme activity . After the / m of the maximum plasma concentration of the drug is achieved in approximately 30 – 60 minutes. about 40 – 90% of hydrocortisone is bound to plasma proteins. Most hydrocortisone associated with one of the globulin (transcortin) and only a small amount – from albumin. Free unbound fraction hormone defines its biological activity and bound fraction serves as a reserve. Hydrocortisone metabolism occurs primarily in the liver. Within 24 hours of the organism is excreted in urine 22 – 30% / m or / in the introduction of the drug. The drug is almost completely eliminated from the body within 12 hours, so to maintain high drug concentrations in the blood it is necessary to introduce / m or / every 4 – 6 hours.
- Endocrine diseases
- Primary or secondary adrenocortical insufficiency (-gidrokortizon selecting drugs or cortisone, if necessary, their synthetic analogs may be used in combination with a mineralocorticoid, especially in pediatric patients)
- Acute adrenocortical insufficiency (the choice of drugs – hydrocortisone or cortisone, it may be necessary in the simultaneous appointment of mineralocorticoid)
- In the preoperative period, in the case of serious injury or serious illness, in patients with established or suspected adrenal insufficiency
- Shock, which is not amenable to treatment by conventional methods when possible presence of adrenal insufficiency
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Subacute thyroiditis
- Hypercalcemia equipoise dosage on the background of cancer
- Rheumatic diseases (as adjunctive therapy for short-term elimination of the acute condition or exacerbation)
- Acute and subacute bursitis
- Acute gouty arthritis
- Acute nonspecific tenosynovitis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Post-traumatic osteoarthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis, including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (in some cases may require maintenance therapy with low doses)
- Synovitis of osteoarthritis
- Systemic diseases of connective tissue (in acute or in some cases as maintenance therapy)
- Acute rheumatic heart disease
- Systemic dermatomyositis (polymyositis)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- skin diseases
- Bullous dermatitis herpetiformis
- exfoliative dermatitis
- Severe erythema multiforme (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
- Severe psoriasis
- Severe seborrheic dermatitis
- Allergic conditions (in the case of severe or incapacitating conditions for which conventional therapy is ineffective)
- Acute noninfectious laryngeal edema
- Atopic dermatitis
- Bronchial asthma equipoise dosage
- Contact dermatitis
- Hypersensitivity reactions to medicines
- Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis
- serum sickness
- Post-transfusion reactions such as urticaria
- Eye diseases (severe acute and chronic allergic and inflammatory processes in the eye lesions).
- Allergic conjunctivitis.
- Allergic corneal marginal ulcers
- Inflammation of the anterior segment
- Diffuse posterior uveitis and choroiditis.
- Ocular form of Herpes zoster.
- Iritis and iridocyclitis.
- Optic neuritis.
- Sympathetic ophthalmia.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (to remove the patient from the critical state).
- Ulcerative colitis (systemic therapy)
- Regional enteritis (systemic therapy)
- Diseases of the respiratory tract
- inhalation pneumonia
- Fulminant and disseminated pulmonary tuberculosis combined with appropriate antituberculous chemotherapy
- Loeffler’s syndrome, is not amenable to treatment by other means
- Symptomatic sarcoidosis
- Hematologic disorders
- Acquired (Autoimmune) Hemolytic Anemia
- Congenital (erythroid) hypoplastic anemia
- Erythroblastopenia (red cell anemia)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults (only on / in the c / m administration is contraindicated)
- Secondary thrombocytopenia in adults.
- Cancer (as a palliative therapy)
- Acute leukemia in children
- Leukemias and lymphomas in adults
- Edematous syndrome – To stimulate diuresis and remission of proteinuria in patients with nephrotic syndrome without uremia; nephrotic syndrome, idiopathic type or lupus erythematosus.
- Shock, which developed as a result of adrenal insufficiency, or resistant to standard therapy, with the possible presence of adrenal insufficiency.
- Acute allergic reactions after adrenaline purpose (status asthmaticus, anaphylactic reactions, insect bites, etc.).
Corticosteroids may be effective in the treatment of traumatic and surgical hemorrhagic shocks, for which standard therapy is ineffective .
- Other indications equipoise dosage for use
- Trichinosis with nervous system lesion or infarction
- Tuberculous meningitis with subarachnoid block or the threat of the unit (in conjunction with appropriate antituberculous chemotherapy).
- Systemic fungal infections
- Hypersensitivity to any components of the drug in history
Do not use the drug in patients with acute and subacute myocardial infarction, as the use of corticosteroids they may lead to the spread of necrosis focus, slowing the formation of scar tissue and, as a consequence, – to rupture of the heart muscle.
The drug is supplied in dvuhemkostnyh bottles , not recommended for use in neonates as the solvent contains benzyl alcohol.
With careful preparation should be applied in the following cases:
- with the defeat of the eye caused by the herpes simplex virus, because it can lead to corneal perforation;
- for ulcerative colitis, if there is a threat of perforation, abscess or other purulent infection, as well as in diverticulitis, in the presence of fresh intestinal anastomoses, with active or latent peptic ulcer, renal insufficiency, hypertension, osteoporosis, myasthenia gravis.
Use during pregnancy and breast-feeding
In a number of animal studies equipoise dosage have shown that administration of high doses of corticosteroids to pregnant females can lead to deformities in the fetus. steroider kob