Because therapy complications depend on the dose and duration of treatment, the need to make a decision on such treatment in each case based on the analysis of risk / benefit ratio, and determine the treatment duration and frequency of administration.
The effectiveness of equipoise vs deca has not been confirmed in septic shock. There was an increased mortality in patients at high risk (eg, an increase in serum creatinine of more than 2.0 mg / dL, or secondary infections).
Patients who may be exposed to stress on the background of therapy showed an increase in the dose before, during and after the stressful situation.
Due to the fact that the observed increase in mortality at 2 weeks after head injury in patients treated with methylprednisolone sodium succinate, compared with placebo, equipoise vs deca should not be used in brain edema, head trauma conditioned. Causation deaths with methylprednisolone sodium succinate is not installed.
- The therapy some infections can occur in the form of worn, moreover, may develop a new infection. In the application of corticosteroids may be reduced resistance to infection, and also reduced the body’s ability to localize the infection process. The development of infections caused by various pathogens, such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa and helminths, which are located in various human organ systems, may be associated with the use of corticosteroids, both as monotherapy and in combination with other immunosuppressive agents acting on cellular immunity, humoral immunity, or neutrophil function. These infections can occur not hard, however, in some cases, possibly severe course, and even death. And than higher doses of corticosteroids are used, the higher the probability of infectious complications.
- Patients receiving treatment with corticosteroids at the doses that have an immunosuppressive effect, is contraindicated the introduction of live or live attenuated vaccines, but it is possible to introduce killed or inactivated vaccines, but the reaction to the introduction of such vaccines may be reduced. Patients receiving treatment with corticosteroids at doses that do not produce an immunosuppressive action, immunization can be carried out by the appropriate indications.
- Use of the drug Solu-Medrol ® with active tuberculosis should be restricted to cases of fulminant and disseminated tuberculosis when corticosteroids are used to treat the disease in conjunction with appropriate antituberculous chemotherapy.
- If the drug is prescribed to patients with latent tuberculosis equipoise vs deca or positive tuberculin skin test, treatment should be under strict medical supervision, because the possible reactivation of the disease. During prolonged therapy with these patients should receive appropriate prophylactic treatment.
- Since patients receiving parenteral therapy with corticosteroids, in rare cases may develop anaphylactoid reactions (eg, bronchospasm), should take appropriate preventive measures, especially if this patient have a history of allergic reactions to any drugs prior to administration of the drug.
- Lyophilizate equipoise vs deca for preparation of solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration of 250 mg: Primary package: 250 mg of the active substance, and 4 ml of solvent in dvuhemkostnye vials colorless class I glass, sealed with two stoppers butyl rubber (one separates the two containers, the other closes the bottle top) activator with plastic cork over the top; Secondary packaging: one bottle with instruction for use in a carton box.
- Lyophilizate for preparation of solution for injection 500 mg or 1000 mg: LYOPHILIZATE: 500 mg or 1000 mg of the active substance in vials of class I colorless glass, sealed with butyl rubber stoppers, aluminum caps obkatat with plastic protective covers; Solvent: 7.8 ml (to 500 mg) or 15.6 ml (for 1000 mg) in bottles from colorless glass class I, sealed with butyl rubber stoppers, run-aluminum caps with plastic protective covers, Secondary packing: one vial of lyophilisate and one vial with solvent (1 set), together with instructions for use in a carton box.